Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

When should I use Bookmark or Filter panel ?

Hi All

May I know what situation I should use bookmark & what situation use filter panel. 
I am a bit confuse on this. 

for example if I want to go to next page I should use bookmark 

if on the page I need to apply filter like filter all amount >100k , I can use bookmark . By create initial select button .

It is correct that if I  use initial select button I can use filter panel ?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@admin11 , bookmark creates a snapshot. So when you need to have a snapshot; where all slicers were empty. Or when some visuals were hidden and some were visible. You can use bookmarks

The filter panel is to filter the data. As long as the objective is to filter the data, you should use the filter panel.

When you want to jump around various pre save stuff(value/ position or visibility) , use bookmarks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@admin11  

Bookmark is used to capture the currently configured view of a report page. For example, if you used the filter panel on a report page or visuals, then you can add the displayed view as the books.

Unless you remove the existing visuals, no matter how you change the interaction, filter or slicer, you can still go back to the bookmarked view by just select the books in the bookmark panel.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1615356098343.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@admin11 , bookmark creates a snapshot. So when you need to have a snapshot; where all slicers were empty. Or when some visuals were hidden and some were visible. You can use bookmarks

The filter panel is to filter the data. As long as the objective is to filter the data, you should use the filter panel.

When you want to jump around various pre save stuff(value/ position or visibility) , use bookmarks

@amitchandak 

Thsnk you very much , you explain very well

@amitchandak 

How about can we use both together ? I have notice , after I set filter panel and I also use initial select button , the filter panel setting gone . Why ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.