Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When reopening saved PBIX desktop file, every visual and page disappears from the report page.

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a very frustrating problem.

I'm developing a big Power BI report, using imported models for CRM and Azure databases, as well as excel support files.
Sometimes, when I save the report, close and reopen it again, every visual and page of the Report View disappears.
The date model, the table connections, created tables, columns and measures are saved.

I tried publishing the report. Same thing happens. The model is there, but the report view is blank, within no pages.

The file size is almost 14Mb (if this helps).

What could be causing this problem? What is erasing the visuals and pages on the report view?

I currently have the file opened. The published version and the saved file is always blank. I've resaved several times. If I close the program, I'll lose all my progress.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution, I was using a pbix file of a different version then that pbi desktop installed on my PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
billuran
Helper I
Helper I

This is happening to me aswell. Following. My app size has not changed but all my visualizations are missing.

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my test in the latest version of Power BI Desktop,  I connect to a data source, and do some operations ,  create report visuals ,,,etc, then save this pbix file, the reopened report is displayed well.

You may try to upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version,  then go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", and try to create a new .pbix file to test if this issue will occur again, if it occurs again, try to check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Regards,

Veena Shenolikar

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , can tell the version of power bi you are using

Anonymous
Not applicable

Versão: 2.87.1061.0 64-bit (November 2020)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution, I was using a pbix file of a different version then that pbi desktop installed on my PC.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.