Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

When creating a relationship between two table values not showing in matrix visual

Hello, 

I really need urgent help on this one. As I am creating a relationship between multiple tables from Calendar Table which I created. I am not getting values in Matrix. Please review the below screenshot and details.

I am attaching the PBIX file and data file, please review and help

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d-IYQB2oYOAF8zIpbXuabOAkwumsMO9J?usp=sharing 

The below screenshot shows without any relationship between the date table and other tables which I have it gives the count however, it is giving the total count for the year and not by week i.e. Week 28 should 13 Count of CSat and Count of Column 8 should have 11

saud968_0-1629820888647.png  saud968_1-1629820952124.png

Now with the relationship, the other tables the values goes blank as shown below, even the weeks are not showing. 

saud968_2-1629821137545.png saud968_3-1629821181159.png

@amitchandak @AllisonKennedy @Greg_Deckler @ChrisMendoza @Jihwan_Kim  Please help out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but please check the below comment and please try to fix your data model.

- In the fact table, I saw there are two columns describe date & time -> In the Power Query, change the data type to DATE type, not Date/Time type. If you need Time level analysis, create separate columns for time.

- Make sure that your calendar table is assigned as Date Table

-Relationship has to be properly created. I saw that Date column and CSAT column are connected. I think this is incorect.

Thanks.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but please check the below comment and please try to fix your data model.

- In the fact table, I saw there are two columns describe date & time -> In the Power Query, change the data type to DATE type, not Date/Time type. If you need Time level analysis, create separate columns for time.

- Make sure that your calendar table is assigned as Date Table

-Relationship has to be properly created. I saw that Date column and CSAT column are connected. I think this is incorect.

Thanks.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim Changing data type worked however it is showing incorrect I will work on it if I have any difficulty I will reach out ...Thank your Help 

And Everyone else who assisted on this one.

@Jihwan_Kim I am trying to achieve similar to below screenshot, this is done in excel

saud968_0-1629878767574.png

Hi,

I could not find all the dimensions that are described in the screenshot.

Please share the complete sample pbix file, then I can try.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saud968 , I doubt some matching data is missing or there is a filter on the page.

check data for two tables at a time. with help from this option check the missing values

ShowItemwithoutdata.JPG

@amitchandak I have the slicer to select the quarter. Below are the screenshots of my tables I need to get count of column 8 and Column CSAT 

saud968_0-1629821798528.png

saud968_3-1629821952608.png

Total Relation Ship between tables

saud968_4-1629822068632.png

saud968_5-1629822080720.png

Once I tried the above option you gave it now show week numbers however no data

saud968_6-1629822132685.png

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I have also tried now to create a similar calendar week table in the other table, still the count is not showing up

saud968_0-1629823421590.png 

saud968_1-1629823457705.png

@saud968 Try making the cross filter direction Both for your relationships and see what happens.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler I tried still blank....though if I am selecting a blank option on slicer then I am getting the count. It might little incorrect but I can work through it, however, when I am selecting q3 for 2021 it goes blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.