Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When clicking into table, the filter is reset

I have a table visual. As expected, the table get filtered by click on other visual on the same page. The problem occurs when I click on a row in the filtered table. After the click, the filters are reset and the tables shows all records in gray color while the selected record is darker. This is not the desired response. 

I'm looking for keeping the filtered rows after clicking on the table. I need the filtered rows because I use it to filter a third table with more details.

Here is a simple data to demonstrate the issue:

Matar_0-1664317276524.png

Here is a simple page with three visuals  with full interaction between each other. 

Matar_1-1664317276525.png

After selecting one category on the first visual on the left, the table is filtered as expected.

Matar_2-1664317276526.png

After clicking on one row on the table on the left, the table filter is reset and all data is presented. This is not the desired response. I want the action of selection to be

1: Keep the filtered records on the table on the right

2. Filter the second table in the bottom  based on the selected row in the first table on the right     

Matar_3-1664317276526.png

I sow the following posts with similar issue but not resolved yet.

Prevent Filter reset when clicking into table
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Prevent-Filter-reset-when-clicking-into-table/m-p/1173290#M...

Table Reset
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Table-Reset/td-p/848752

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you use a slicer, that will remain. If the other visual is filtering, then you can use Ctrl+click to keep filter and add

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak, this works. I don't need the sclicer in this case but ctr+click works perfectly.     

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you use a slicer, that will remain. If the other visual is filtering, then you can use Ctrl+click to keep filter and add

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.