Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Boveitj
Frequent Visitor

When an ID # with no reference it shows up "(Blank)"

Hey Guys,

I have asked this question already but havent gotten any answers that suit the needs of my project. The data I am aggregating is user input so there are several errors time to time. The bigggest error is when a person inputs their badge number wrong so it does not have an appropriate lookup in the relation table to display their name on the charts. Instead of showing up as "(Blank)" on all subsequent charts, is there a way I can make all badge numbers that dont have a lookup show up as "Invalid ID Entered".  The way I construct the charts is by having table 1 and table 2 have a 1 to many relationship so it cooreleates a name with the BadgeID. By placing "Name" and "Number of sales" in the "Axis" portion it creates a chart with each persons name and the number of sales they had. The problem I am having is a column that is "(Blank)" for all the sales that had an invalid ID placed under them. I would like this to show up as "Invalid ID Entered" 

Example: 

Table 1:                               Table 2:

Badge IDs                       Badge IDs         Name

456                                  321                   Joe

321                                  456                   Melissa

765                                  765                   Steve

456 would show up as Melissa, 765 would show up as steve, 321 would show up as joe, but 123 would show up as "Invalid ID entered" and not "(Blank)"

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I didn't see your other post, so i'm not sure if this has been suggested yet?  Hope it helps, FOrrest

Created on the "ID Master" table...

Name = IF(ISBLANK(RELATED(Table2[Name])),"Invalid ID Entered",RELATED(Table2[Name]))

Capture.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I didn't see your other post, so i'm not sure if this has been suggested yet?  Hope it helps, FOrrest

Created on the "ID Master" table...

Name = IF(ISBLANK(RELATED(Table2[Name])),"Invalid ID Entered",RELATED(Table2[Name]))

Capture.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.