Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LP2803
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

When a year is selected in the legend it should pop up a new chart

Hi all,

Though this request is a related one with my previous post, im trying to create a new one because this itself pose as a new requirement

i have this line chart with Years in Legend.  I would like a funcationality, when a user click on a year in the legend, it should pop up a matrix table with that year filtered in it. I already have created this matrix table. 

Any idea how can i add this functionality into legend? 

LP2803_0-1597150858649.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LP2803 

Would you like to try the bookmark? You might need to add additional button instead of clicking the legend directly. 

Based on bookmark, you can achieve it once the related year selected, the chart will be filtered as well as pop up a new matrix table. 

Please refer to the official document for mroe hints:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@LP2803 - So, you could create a flag based upon HASONEVALUE('Table'[Year]) and maybe do something with that, like use it as a filter on your matrix visualization. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 

Hi Greg,  Thanks for looking into it.

I have other visuals below my line chart. So when I click on a  year in legend the matrix chart shoudl overlay on the other visuals that i have below the line chart.

Any idea around this?

@LP2803 - Well what I was thinking is that based on the flag the matrix would return completely empty or not. One other thing, although it is an extra step. Would be to create some bookmarks that did the show/hide of visuals and make the user click the button after selecting a year. 

Not sure there is a perfect solution here for what you are asking.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@amitchandak Thanks Amit.  would you suggest any particular custom visual for my requirement?

LP2803
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Team, 

I still have this as my open topic. if anyone has any thought, kindly share.

@Greg_Deckler 

Thanks Greg for the idea. Could you please elaborate how can i make the matrix go empty when there is no selection in the legend?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

LP2803
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I would like to iterate that the matrix table that i have is already being filtering based on the legend selection. 

But i would like to make it as a pop up only when user selects a year in legend.

Is this possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.