Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When a sub-component is not ready, mark the whole system as not ready

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbs0zlm799fi6n/Planning_Aid.pbix?dl=0

Hi,

I'm working on a system roll-out

Windows 7 Systems (Machines) have Applications (Packages) installed.

Some applications are ready for Windows 10 (Resultant Readiness = "YES")

Some applications are not ready for Windows 10 (Resultant Readiness = "NO")

A Windows 7 System is ready for Windows 10 only when all of its applications (100%) have a Resultant Readiness = "YES"

It's easy for me to tell which Location / Systems are NOT ready to migrate by slicing on Resultant Readiness = "NO" (this shows me the packages that are holding up migration for each Location / System)

I'd like to be able to see which sites / computers ARE ready to migrate (100% "YES")

I think I need a new measure that marks Systems as "Ready" or "Not Ready" based on the 100% "YES" or <100% "YES"

My objective is to have 2 additional charts where Systems / Locations would show up Green when Systems 100% "YES" and Red when Systems < 100% "YES" and to slice to show Ready Locations / Systems and Not ready Locations / Systems.

I have no idea how to set up a custom measure to do this - probably an additional column on the machine table that evaluates all application readiness?

Can you help me?

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may try using CONTAINS.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-calculate-Supplier-wise-status-count/m-p/508726#M237666

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for responding Sam Zha!

I'm having a bit of trouble implimenting (I'm very new to BI)

This report uses 3 tables:

Machine Information

Package information

MachineID vs PackageID Translation (ie a machine might have 100 applications (packages)

The CONTAINS code you suggested should be in a custom column in Machine Information?

Because I have to link to the information through the translation table I don't know how to format the code 😕

Something like this? Sorry for my stupidity!

Column =
IF (
    CONTAINS (
        Package,
        Package[PackageID], Package[PackageID],
        Package[Resultant Readiness], "NO"
    ),
    "Not Ready",
    "Ready"
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it should look something like this, but when I enter it in I only see "Not Ready" in my "Machine_Ready" slicer, as it's evaluating the full package table - not the table related to the machine...

Machine_Ready =
IF (
CONTAINS (
PACKAGE,
PACKAGE[Resultant Readiness], "NO"
),
"Not Ready",
"Ready"
)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft- any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.