Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

When I use direct query for SAP-BW, I could not use multiple columns in one table?

Whenever I try to use the SAP-BW Direct query, I cannot use mutiple charactstics of a cube inside one single table visualisation, am not sure if that is possible, because when I try to use import query I can use many columns in one table, but as my SAP-BW data source is huge in size I cant use import queries each time. Wondering how relationships works in SAP-BW? And why this is not the case when I try to use import query (I mean I can select multiple columns in one table and it wont break, but whenver I use direct query and use mulitple columns in one table visual it just breaks).

Also how can I use the SAP-BW report to show the data of each current month, each time I make connection and try to select a characterstics I need to chosse a month, can I choose a year and try to publish the values for a specific month of that year, the data size is huge so it would not be the best option to select a full current year when using import, how about I use a dynamic query or something which will show me the results of a current month. Is that possible in SAP-BW and PowerBI??

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anmolgan ,

Maybe you can try to use t-sql query to choose fields from table based on their relationship instead of direct selection in navigation pane.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.