Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

When I run the SELECTCOLUMNS command, Power BI shows me a column with the word [List]

Hello tod@s. I'm trying to join 2 tables using the UNION command, but since the tables are a bit different, I have to use the SELECTCOLUMNS command first. Below I show only two fields (the table has like 20)
Of the 2 source tables, one has the RMA active, and the other has the RMA closed.
The problem is that when you create the table, it does not mark errorers, however, instead of showing the RMA Numbers (Return of Authorized Matter), it shows me the word [List] (so, with braquets)

As these are the detail tables, there can be more than one line with the same RMA number.

Combined RMA Details =
UNION(
SELECTCOLUMNS('RMA Details List' ,
"ID", 'RMA Details List' [ID]
,"RMA Number", 'RMA Details List' [RMA Number]
)
SELECTCOLUMNS('RMA Closed Details List' ,
"ID", 'RMA Closed Details List' [ID]
,"RMA Number", 'RMA Closed Details List' [RMA Number]
))

result:

jo_at_price_0-1628218120034.png

But I need in RMA Number, not the word [List]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Syndicate_Admin ,

Have you tried using Append function in Power Query instead of using a DAX?

Also, if you can share your sample data to try and replicate your issue.

I have tried thic combination of UNION and SELECTCOLUMNS at my end and it is returning result in the expected format.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Syndicate_Admin ,

Have you tried using Append function in Power Query instead of using a DAX?

Also, if you can share your sample data to try and replicate your issue.

I have tried thic combination of UNION and SELECTCOLUMNS at my end and it is returning result in the expected format.

Thanks

A thousand apologies, the word [List] comes from the Sharepoint List, the original source of the information. I hadn't noticed it.

If I tried using Append, but since the column names are not exactly the same (design errors) and one table has extra columns that the other does not, and finally there are columns with the same name, but with different data, therefore append does not work,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.