Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ckodadek
Helper I
Helper I

When I have only one value in a pie chart, the details appears the legend, rather than details.

So, I want to use a pie chart to represent either a green circle for good, or a red circle for bad.

There is only one piece of data that goes into the pie chart.
However, if there are 2 pieces of data, it displays correctly... but I need to represent 1, not 2.

Below, you will see the columns as follows:
Column2 = Status (warning, pass, fail)
Column1 = Job name (Job1, Job2, etc.)
Column17 = The particular job we care about. (Since we only care about 1, the count becomes 1)
Based on these input, I assume that the legend would contain the status, thus coloring the pie chart based on the status of the particular job (selected by column 17 filter) with the details of the job displayed as column1's content.

prob.png

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I can't seem to replicate this, unless I am trying to replicate it incorrectly, my Detail (Year) still shows in Details even with only one value in pie chart:

pie.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler The number "4" appears as the detail, rather than 2016 on the actual visual (not when scrolling over the pie chart). However, if you were to have 2 data points in that pie chart, example, 2016 & 2015, then the details would appear respectively as 2015 and 2016 on the visual.
These two pie charts use the same details variable, and yet when the data details appear, the one with 1 data point uses the "legend" parameter for the data detail, while when it has more than 1 data point it uses the "detail" parameter.
ex2.png

I don't think that is how mine is behaving. In my case, the Legend always appears as the label basically and the Details always only ever shows in the roll-over. If yours is not doing that, then something is amiss. 

pie2.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.