Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marapp

When I click the options for the datastore in powerbi online the secuity option does not show

I am new to Power Bi, but one of my collegues is having issues with his. He has been out on medical for the last 9 months and now When heI click the options for the datastore in powerbi online the secuity option does not show, any help? I was wondering if there was an update that took that option away for people that are members in the last 9 months? our Admin has the option but if you are a member you don't.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marapp 

According to your sample picture, I think the “Security” option is used to assign users to the Roles you created in the Desktop for the Row-Level-security. Anyone who has the “Build permission” to this dataset can have the option. So that members in your workspace can see this option as well as the admin. It can not be changed unless you changed his role to “Viewer” of this workspace.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marapp 

According to your sample picture, I think the “Security” option is used to assign users to the Roles you created in the Desktop for the Row-Level-security. Anyone who has the “Build permission” to this dataset can have the option. So that members in your workspace can see this option as well as the admin. It can not be changed unless you changed his role to “Viewer” of this workspace.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

marapp

that doesn't look like what i am talking about?

Can you be more especifc ?

this is what i am talking about: this one actually shows the sercurity option he is missing it on his?

marapp_0-1611151722732.png

Portrek
Resolver III
Resolver III

I think that is normal, for me just show the screen below for to choose the workspace..

Sem título.png

this is the page i am talking about: it is missing the security option in the menu- was it removed in an update

marapp_0-1611156846362.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.