Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AshwiniBende
Frequent Visitor

When Applied Multiple Slicers, Results are Not as Expected

Hi All,

I have multiple slicers on my report and I synced them appropriately across all pages. Here is the issues I am facing with. When I do the research into it, some folks mentioned it could be a bug in slicer. I am very new to PowerBI. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Here is a scenario. 

I am using Google Analytics data and here are two slicers I am trying to apply to get results

1) page_hostname 

2) Secured_Public

Basically, when I write a query in the source database using the below where cluase, I am getting 7.8k as my results. This is the same exact results I am getting when I do the same thing in different BI platform I have access to at my company. But, when I tried to replicate the same in PowerBI, I am getting 8.3k as my results. I am not sure what is causing the difference.

Fyi, If I just use one slicer like Secured_Public = Public, results in PowerBI are matching with source query as well as other BI platform I mentioned above. Am I missing something. 

where Year = 2022 and month = 1 and page_hostname NOT LIKE "%test%" and Secured_Public = "Public"

Fyi, I am not using dimensional model in PowerBI. All I using is the flat file from Google's Big Query and importing data into PowerBI
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your response. I figured it out. It is jus that I need to eliminate "Blanks" as well, that is what causing an issue in my numbers. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AshwiniBende ,

The presence or absence of additional filter conditions in the filter may cause this problem.
Also, for the query you wrote, in the powerbi measure( The formula you create)always expect and return a single value. But here measure receives multiple values when you do multi-select. So, please do change your logic accordingly.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and test data. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. I figured it out. It is jus that I need to eliminate "Blanks" as well, that is what causing an issue in my numbers. 

Hi @AshwiniBende ,

Thanks for your feedback. If the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.