Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovonel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What version of R is used?

I have installed RStudio in order to play around with R, with the end goal of putting up in a Power BI report. That is, once I have the code I would just copy paste to an R visualization (R script visual) in Power BI.

When I open it, I get this message:

ovonel_0-1621258648255.png

I have a few questions:

• How can I find out what’s my ‘default version of R64’?
  • Is this R_SERVER from SQL Server the same engine that ultimately the Power BI will use?
  • Can I install a newer version of the R engine and make Power BI use that engine instead of R_SERVER from SQL Server?

I would like to know what’s the recommended setup for people writing code in R and then deploying it to Power BI, do you use R_Server or you get the R (not Microsoft version)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovonel ,

Have you already installed R? The dialog suggests that R is not installed, or cannot be found for some reason.

You are showing that you have installed Rstudio not R they are two different pieces of software.

You could refer to this blog:

Install R for Power BI 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovonel ,

Have you already installed R? The dialog suggests that R is not installed, or cannot be found for some reason.

You are showing that you have installed Rstudio not R they are two different pieces of software.

You could refer to this blog:

Install R for Power BI 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.