Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VivianX
Frequent Visitor

What's the meaning of "KPI status" in PowerKPI matrix EB?

Hi all,

I downloaded PowerKPI matrix EB visulaization. When I click "Sparklines" chart, i shows something as below. Does anyone know what the meaning of "KPI status" an "Second KPI status"?

Very appreicate your input.

KPI Status.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @VivianX 

For "KPI status", it will return the value of KPI Indicator Value, and if there is no filed or measure on it. It will calculate the Variance between Active value and Comparision Value automatically.

And for "Second KPI status", it will return the value of Second KPI Indicator Value, and if there is no filed or measure on it. It will calculate the Variance between Active Value and Second Comparision Value automatically.

And here is a sample data with instructions, please try it.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381299?src=office&corrid=e54374fe-cfe3-442...

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AnalystPower
Helper I
Helper I

KPI is a Key Performance Indicator. Do you have more than one measurable?

I want to know what's the formula for "KPI status"...

hi, @VivianX 

For "KPI status", it will return the value of KPI Indicator Value, and if there is no filed or measure on it. It will calculate the Variance between Active value and Comparision Value automatically.

And for "Second KPI status", it will return the value of Second KPI Indicator Value, and if there is no filed or measure on it. It will calculate the Variance between Active Value and Second Comparision Value automatically.

And here is a sample data with instructions, please try it.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381299?src=office&corrid=e54374fe-cfe3-442...

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

I really appreciate your guidance.

Within your comment, one thing I do want to clarify that is , you mentioned"Active value ", do you mean "Actual Value" instead of "Active value"? Below is the screenshot of your sample file. Thank you!

KPI Status v2.JPG

hi, @VivianX 

Yes, it is mean "Actual Value"

If there are multiple fields, please refer to this:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Thank you Lin, very thorough explaination! @v-lili6-msft 

Hi @AnalystPower 

I dont know how this visulization calculates "KPI status"? Like the red circle number in my chart. Thank you!

KPI Status.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.