Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NickBarnes

What on earth is going on with this system????

On PowerBI Desktop there is a smiley face with the title 'Send Feedback'. So when I found something I thought wasn't working like it should I felt this was somewhere to go to share the problem. Nope. I come to a page with 'Ideas'. This isn't an idea - I have a problem, a bug to report. All I want to do is let the engineers know they may have missed something. Why make it so hard and confusing. Is this something to do with developers being deliberately dark and mysterious?

If I click 'Get Data' then use the Azure SQL Databse connection, I can add connection details. We have a server with two sets of credentials. One  is read only, one is Admin. I tried using the read only and it wouldn't connect, so I went to try the Admin one. Only you cant. The system appears to cache the settings and try and re-use them. There is no opportunity to change what credentials you want to use. This seems daft, as you may be using one from another Azure database in error. Do I really have to close everything down and start again?

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@NickBarnes

You can edit or clear the credential in File - Options and settings - Data source settings as below.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.