Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dubfelix
Frequent Visitor

What if parameter where the user selects different periods with different values

What if parameter working for total period like 40% reduction from July 2020 to July 2021 . 

I have being asked that the users can pick the period like July 2020 = 40% reduction August 2020 is 50% reduction Sept 2020 =75%.  Then the next user using the report put in different % reductions per month.  I have created a spreadsheet where the user updates but its not a great user experience. 

Can the user pick the full year and enter the % reduction per month like a drop down menu.  

Thanks All

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dubfelix ,

>>Can the user pick the full year and enter the % reduction per month like a drop down menu.  

What if parameter can only be showed like format below instead of Dropdown menu. As a workaround, you may create a Year slicer visual, and then takes effect with the what if parameter slicer.

126.png

You can learn more:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-xicai I have a Year Month Slicer in the PBX file and it works great for 1 parameter like your screenshot below.  But with Covid, buisiness are predicted to come back to full usage over time. The users have asked for different % values per month over the next 12 months.  I am working with the excel updating the parameter at the moment.

Hi @Dubfelix ,

The what if parameter may not help your issue, since it can't change according to your Year Month slicer. You may need to add every percent matched to the Year Month into your formulas of calculated column or measure.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dubfelix , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

We can try something like

measure =
var _max1 = maxx(allselected(Date),Date[Date])
var _max = eomonth(_max1,1)
var _min = eomonth(_max1,0)
return
calculate(sum(Table[Data])*.4, filter(all(Date),Date[Date]>=_max && Date[Date]<=_min))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.