Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schwinnen
Helper V
Helper V

What if parameter to display min and max

Is there a way to get a parameter control to show the minimum value and the maximum value?  For example, if I have a slicer that shows values from 0-100, I would be able to slide the slicer both ways to show values between 50-60.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schwinnen,

To change the slicer like this. If that doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me.

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schwinnen,

To change the slicer like this. If that doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me.

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @schwinnen,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

@v-frfei-msft

It is not really a solution to my problem, but I marked it correct as it may help someone with a similar problem.  I realized after the fact that I don' t think this will work for what I am trying to do.  In order to create a parameter for an aggregated value, someone else taught me this formula:

# LOADS for DESTINATIONS Above Selected LOADS Parameter = 
VAR LOADParam = [MIN LOAD VALUE]
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    [# LOADS],
    FILTER(
        VALUES(QA[DESTINATION]),
        [# LOADS] >= LOADParam
    )
)

Since this formula is specifically calculating MIN LOAD VALUE, I don't think I can have a max value on my parameter.  I think I would have to create a separate formula for MAX LOAD VALUE and then a separate parameter.  

CR
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @schwinnen

I propose you to add a slicer with the column containing the values 0 to 100 (0to 30 in my sample). Then you will be able to play with the slider to display50-60, etc.

1.png

Is it what you need ?

Regards,

CR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.