Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jai_Bankar
Helper I
Helper I

What if parameter slider disable option

Hello All,
Please help me in how could I turn off the slider for the what-if parameter.
Previously, there was option to turn it off.
But now I could not find the option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Jai_Bankar ,

Sorry, "New format pane" is a new feature and is currently in preview, so there are many aspects that have not been perfected, see the official article.

I tried it in my local area and also did not find in that case if the slider was closed. I'm sure it will be improved after the feature goes live properly.

For the time being, we can still use the previous Old format pane.Through the below to turn back Old format pane.

vluwangmsft_0-1639476576256.png

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jai_Bankar ,

You could update your version and test again.I test the following two version ,all successful!

And you could download Power BI Desktop by Microsoft Store.

vluwangmsft_0-1639386846333.png

vluwangmsft_1-1639387092063.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Hello @v-luwang-msft 

Thank you very much for responding.
When I turned on the "New format pane" option, however, Slider off option was no longer available.
I could see the Slider turn off option while the "New format pane" was turned off.

HI @Jai_Bankar ,

Sorry, "New format pane" is a new feature and is currently in preview, so there are many aspects that have not been perfected, see the official article.

I tried it in my local area and also did not find in that case if the slider was closed. I'm sure it will be improved after the feature goes live properly.

For the time being, we can still use the previous Old format pane.Through the below to turn back Old format pane.

vluwangmsft_0-1639476576256.png

Best Regards

Lucien

Thanks @v-luwang-msft 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jai_Bankar , if you create whatif, then you should have option on that small down arrow for equal, range, less than and greater than

amitchandak_0-1638978002392.png

Hello @amitchandak 
I want to turn off the slider, I just want the input box where I can enter any number.
If I changed it to greater than or less than still I don't get any option to turn off slider.

@Jai_Bankar , I can see Slider off in the visual property

amitchandak_0-1638978368263.png

I don't know what's wrong at my side.

Jai_Bankar_0-1638978587159.png

@amitchandak are you using updated version which is "2.99.621.0 64-bit (November, 2021)" ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.