Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wsspglobal
Helper I
Helper I

What does "-1.#IND" mean?

Hi,

I was added a column to my table. The column consists of decimal numbers and blank cells. I wanted to add another column and use the SIGN function, but there is an error saying "Cannot convert value '-1.#IND' of type Text to type Number. I don't understand why. I went to the filter and can't see any text in my original column. What can I do?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wsspglobal 

You may convert the values  '-1.#IND' into numbers.

Reference:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Issue-with-measure-return-value-VALUE-Cannot-convert-value-...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wsspglobal 

You may convert the values  '-1.#IND' into numbers.

Reference:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Issue-with-measure-return-value-VALUE-Cannot-convert-value-...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Aree
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would like to see a sample of your data please.

But have you tried creating a calculated column that will swap out blank with 0 and then use that column to filter the data?

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have a look at the distinct list of your source data, can you see anything unusual? this is the first thing I will do. Most likely you will see something unexpected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.