cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekC
Frequent Visitor

What changed about the Rows if Multiple columns Match

I have multiple contracts entered into a database and if I match on 6 columns then I want to know what changed from the previous record to the new record. 

Example below:

DerekC_0-1627331938028.png

If all the columns in yellow match, then I want to look at each of the next columns and show what changed.  

DerekC_1-1627332092421.png

The column in blue is what I would like to see.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@DerekC 

1. create an index column in pq

1.PNG

2. create a column

change = 
VAR _last=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]<EARLIER('Table'[Index])),'Table'[Index])
VAR _startdate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[Start Date])
VAR _start=if('Table'[Start Date]=_startdate,blank(),"Start Date")
VAR _enddate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[End Date])
VAR _end=if(_enddate='Table'[End Date],blank(),if(ISBLANK(_start),"End Date",", End Date"))
VAR _rate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[Rate])
VAR _rate2=if('Table'[Rate]=_rate,blank(),if(ISBLANK(_start)&&ISBLANK(_end),"Rate",", Rate"))
return  if(ISBLANK(_last),BLANK(),_start&_end&_rate2)

pls see the attachment below

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DerekC
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  I created a column that concatenated all the columns together that had to match first and instead of listing out all 6 time after time.  

@DerekC 

that's a good approach. you are welcome

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@DerekC 

1. create an index column in pq

1.PNG

2. create a column

change = 
VAR _last=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]<EARLIER('Table'[Index])),'Table'[Index])
VAR _startdate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[Start Date])
VAR _start=if('Table'[Start Date]=_startdate,blank(),"Start Date")
VAR _enddate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[End Date])
VAR _end=if(_enddate='Table'[End Date],blank(),if(ISBLANK(_start),"End Date",", End Date"))
VAR _rate=MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Origin]=EARLIER('Table'[Origin])&&'Table'[Destination]=EARLIER('Table'[Destination])&&'Table'[Carrier]=EARLIER('Table'[Carrier])&&'Table'[Contract No]=EARLIER('Table'[Contract No])&&'Table'[Condition]=EARLIER('Table'[Condition])&&'Table'[Type]=EARLIER('Table'[Type])&&'Table'[Index]=_last),'Table'[Rate])
VAR _rate2=if('Table'[Rate]=_rate,blank(),if(ISBLANK(_start)&&ISBLANK(_end),"Rate",", Rate"))
return  if(ISBLANK(_last),BLANK(),_start&_end&_rate2)

pls see the attachment below

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Power BI Womens Summit 2021 768 x460.jpg

Interviews, learning sessions, allies, and more!

#PowerBIWomenSummit

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!