Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

farinshaikh
Frequent Visitor

What are xenon pickups in Power BI

Hello,

I want my dashboard  to be auto refreshed. Previously it was working fine.

But now, one of the file raising an error, saying Type_mismatch.

Data Source: csv in One Drive shared with me folder

If I navigate to that error in query editor. Its showing following :

DataFormat.Error: We couldn't convert to Number

Details: Xenon Pickups

Now I am not getting, what are these xenon pickups:(

So I tried it out in a new Power BI desktop to connect to that file; But, its not even connecting to that file. By default, "Changed Type" step is getting added on that file and it can remove that error, iff we remove that "Changed Type" step.

Since it is a manual process, I dont want it to be done for every refresh.

I want an auto refresh.

Please help me in this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

After checking in data file, I came to know that, there are blanks as well as some invalid entries found.

Yes, I can remove these errors manually this time; But, I want, something like a script to do the same automatically in Power BI.

Is there any setting/script in Power BI to remove such errors at every refresh whenever caught?

Thanks in advance:)

View solution in original post

Hi @farinshaikh,

Is there any setting/script in Power BI to remove such errors at every refresh whenever caught?

Yes, there is. You can first select the column that contains blanks, then use Remove Errors option under Remove Rows in Query Editor in this scenario. Smiley Happy

removeError.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LaurentCouartou
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Check your text file. My guess is the text "Xenon Pickups" appears where a text that can be converted to a numeric value is expected.

From there, you have to decide what to do in those cases. Among others, you can:

- have the people who provided the file correct it

- remove rows with errors

- handle errors for each column individually (setting a default value or a null when no value can be found)

Thanks Laurent for immediate reply.

After checking in data file, I came to know that, there are blanks as well as some invalid entries found.

Yes, I can remove these errors manually this time; But, I want, something like a script to do the same automatically in Power BI.

Thanks in advance:)

Hi @farinshaikh,

Yes, there is. You can first select the column that contains blanks, then use Remove Errors option under Remove Rows in Query Editor in this scenario. Smiley Happy

removeError.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.