Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timbourdois
Frequent Visitor

What If Parameter returning default value not set value

Hi All...

Loving the new "What If" parameter feature, but I'm definitely having a challenge with it. I'm using the WIParameter to set a threshold for KPI indicators.

Below is my condition. What's fouling me up is that the default value (2000) for P_FamilyMaxSize Value is being returned instead of the user selected value. I've tried eliminating the default value, but then all of my formulas error out. I've triple checked my calculations and they seem correct.

Oh... [P_%WarningThreshold Value] = 75

(When I added the image below, it reads quite small, so I've included the formula text)

R_FamilyMax = IF('MetricsFamilies'[FAMMAX]>P_FamilyMaxSize[P_FamilyMaxSize Value],3,

IF('MetricsFamilies'[FAMMAX] >= (P_FamilyMaxSize[P_FamilyMaxSize Value]*('P_%WarningThreshold'[P_%WarningThreshold Value]/100)), 2,1))

P_FamilyMaxSize Value = SELECTEDVALUE(P_FamilyMaxSize[P_FamilyMaxSize],2000)

R_FamilyMaxPercent = P_FamilyMaxSize[P_FamilyMaxSize Value]*('P_%WarningThreshold'[P_%WarningThreshold Value]/100)

2017-08-30_7-05-24.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @timbourdois,

Below is the result in my test based on the formulas you provided. Each returned value is correct. Also, in your scenario, I noticed that the returned value by measure [P_FamilyMaxSize Value] was 3790 rather than the default value.

3.PNG

Could you please re-create these measures and add them to card for a test?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
timbourdois
Frequent Visitor

Anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.