Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GraphixLL
Frequent Visitor

What Happened To "Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery mode"

I just installed the July 2018 release and under Options/DirectQuery, there is no longer an option for "Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery mode."

I only see "Treat SAP HANA as a relational source."

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brianhartman
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

With composite models, this "unrestricted measures" is implicitly on.  Since there is nothing to choose, we have removed the checkbox from the options dialog if you have turned on the Composite Models preview option.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

Also looking for a solution to a lot of M-Code and DAX operations not allowed in DirectQuery (which we need since our fact table is very very large).

brianhartman
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

With composite models, this "unrestricted measures" is implicitly on.  Since there is nothing to choose, we have removed the checkbox from the options dialog if you have turned on the Composite Models preview option.

Why is it that Microsoft likes to take features away from powerBI?

Sorry can I just say that this was an absolutely terrible response to his question, he never said he was using composite reports in the first place and we may not want to use composite reports. Why would you remove this option for purely direct query reports? We might not want to use a composite report.

What is wrong with Microsoft? Why do make so many decisions like this without common sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am still not able to utilize a format function? 

Error: Function 'FORMAT' is not allowed as part of calculated column DAX expressions on DirectQuery models.

Thanks,
Brady

Any solution to this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brady, have you ever managed to solve this? I have the same problem. 

Any solution to this?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.