Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srashh

What Do These Licenses Mean?

Hi - I just pulled a report to see who in my organization is using PowerBI, and three different licenses came up on the report. Do you know the differences between each of these? 

POWER_BI_INDIVIDUAL_USER Power BI for Office 365 Individual
POWER_BI_STANDALONE Power BI for Office 365 Standalone
POWER_BI_STANDARD Power BI for Office 365 Standard

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @srashh,

In Power BI, there two type of licenses: Power BI free and Power BI pro. Reference: Self-service sign up for Power BI. Apart from registering a Power BI account, we can also log in Power BI service with Office 365 account.

From the above three licenses you provided, those users loged in Power BI Service with an Office 365 account. As per my knowledge, the difference between individual, standalone and standard depends on the production version of Office 365 the user choosed. Office 365 provide product for indivudial and for home and for business and so on. Microsoft Office 365 is available in a variety of plans to best meet the needs of your organization, including Enterprise plans, Business plans, and standalone plans. For more professional advice about the difference between Office 365 licenses, you can post your question in this forum.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi -- can you please confirm that none of those three licenses are paid/pro versions of Power BI? Also, if those users are part of my organization, wouldn't they all be using the same version of Office 365 to log in to Power BI?

Hi @srashh,

From this document, Power BI for Office 365 experience has been deprecated. Users who once used Power BI for Office 365 can use the current version of Power BI. The Power BI for Office 365 license is different from Power BI Pro licenses. Also, users belong to same organization could use different licenses to log in Power BI.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.