Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Welcome to the forum!

Hello to tod@s!

My name is Miguel Escobar. A little over 1 year ago I started a forum through my company(Powered Solutions)focused mainly on topics related to Power BI, Power Query and PowerPivot totally in Spanish.

Yes! Just like you read it. A totally free forum for the entire Spanish-speaking community where we helped each other as a community by answering daily inquiries of any kind of complexity level.

All this effort arose because there was no free public community or forum for Power BI-related topics, nor was there much content published in Spanish for these topics compared to what exists in English.

We understood very well the impact of having an active community and content created in Spanish for a tool like Power BI / Power Query / PowerPivot and that's why we take reins on the issue to have a positive impact on Spanish-speaking users looking for such communities and content.

Thus, at the end of 2018 our campaign for the Spanish-speaking community emerged internationally where the forum was one of the main contributions.

Just during all this time the forum was active, I was always in touch with the Microsoft team so they could monitor the impact that the forum we had created. I hope the forum has served you as a sample of what an official Power BI forum could be in Spanish.

An ordinary day comes to me excellent news – the Microsoft team has a new system that can be implemented on the official Power BI forum/community (which was only in English) to be able to make syndicated content or, to put it another way, have a forum/community entirely in Spanish that could then be translated into English and the content in English could be translated into Spanish through this content syndicate system.

For the past few weeks I have been in conversations with the Microsoft team to test this system and just today this new forum/community and system have been released. You're just reading this new post from the new official Microsoft Power BI forum in Spanish 😊

This was always my goal. That the forum/community was under Microsoft's domain and is known as the official one for Power BI and I think this syndication system is the right one.

This post is simply a small personal blog that I wanted to share with everyone to give them a little more context about how we got to where we are right now.

Because of this great new effort by the Microsoft team, and to merge communities that don't compete with each other, I've decided to unsubscribe from the Powered Solutions forum to give way to this new forum in Spanish.

I want to thank all the people who registered and participated in the Spanish-based Powered Solutions forum and I hope to register and become active members of this new site.

Here are some general forum statistics in the time it was active:

• 700 registered members
  • 500 themes created
  • 2K posts posted
  • 57 connected members at the same time was our most connected!

Again, thank you to all those who supported us throughout this time and to new members for being part of this great global Spanish Community of Power BI.

-Miguel Escobar

www.poweredsolutions.co

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, good night. I hope you can give me a hand with a couple of consultations:

1. I do not understand why the English version is installed and the one I charged is the Spanish version. I've done the process twice and I have the same result. (I had already been using the English version, but I prefer the truth to use the Spanish version).

2. In the filters of the visualziations I do not see the filter top N, I only see the basic filter and the advanced. Is there an add-on that should be installed?

Thank you so much for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I'm starting with powerbi and I have a shower.. How can I get the accumulator out of values without them being related to a date? e.g. in one column I have a product name and in another its value in euros. I searched the internet but only found accumulated linked to a date in time using commands like calculate and filter all. Thank you!

I clarify that the values do not have a related date, I just want to make a pareto to see the products with the most value and cut in 20%...

Greetings!

Carlos

Chema_Ortega
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you very much, Miguel! Nice to have you around!!!

Moises1973
Frequent Visitor

Hello I would like to know if anyone can help me in a power bi table.

I loaded the following table from a sports page, it would look like this:

Ranking League Player Position Team Total Goals

1 Messi Forward FCB 19

2 Benzema Front RMA 14

3 Roger Forward LEV 11

3 Lucas Péraz Forward ALA 11

3 Luis Suarez Forward FCB 11

I'd like to add a new column where they put the team goals ranking.

It would look like this.

Ranking League Player Position Team Total Goals Team Ranking

1 Messi Forward FCB 19 1

3 Luis Suarez Forward FCB 11 2

Here we see where Messi is the 1 in the league ranking and team ranking.

And Luis Suarez is No. 3 in league rankings, but he would be 2 in the team rankings.

Well this does not come out, I have tried everything with the RANK(ALL, a thousand combinations, or give me error or give me a value 1 in all boxes.

See if anyone can help me with this.

Thanks for the collaboration.

A greeting

Moses

Hello @Moises1973 !

I recommend you post your scenario as a new topic/message so you get the attention you want.

Your message has been posted as a comment to my original theme, so I think it's not getting the visibility you're possibly waiting for.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards!

Hi Miguel how are you? I hope you're all right. I recommend Ana BisBé to make the following consultation. I'm telling you to install an evaluation version of Power BI Report Server and now I got the corresponding Key, but I don't even know how I have to upload it to license that service? Can you give me a hand or have an idea who can help me? Thank you very much and apologise for the inconvenience. Atte. Gustavo

adrisarmientop

Good afternoon

I am in a working group which is being presented with the following inconvenience and would like to know if they could help me solve it.

I have a dashboard that is recalculating the mix effect, price and current sales volume vs. budgeted sales. This mix effect, price and volume is displayed at the level of different categories and/or filters (Country, brand, product). When including the formula for calculation e.g. Price effect and select two countries at the time, the price effect shown to me is being calculated taking into account the total income of the countries / Total units of the two countries. Which is a very different result if you calculate the price effect of each country separately and add it up. (I include image with example).

Ejemplo.png

What I'm needing is for my dashboard to still apply the included filters, respect me the price effect for each country and add it up instead of focusing it on total revenue and units.

I was told that this could be solved using the SUMX formula, yet I have not managed to fix it. In advance a thousand thanks for your collaboration with the concern!

Best regards.

that's a problem of contextualizing filters or rows, depending on the data model you have (we'll have to look at your fact table and your dimension tables) SUM() performs the operation only from the filter context and SUMX() from the row context.

I insist again, if your data model is correct, SUMX() should solve your problem, but if the model is not correct, then there is another drawback that you would not know how to answer only with the question posed.

Thank you very much for answering. The queries are mounted according to the following screen, I do not know if with this information will be enough, below I put the table that contains the items and sales:

Pantalla_PBi.jpgSin-título-2.jpg

GustavoAbarzua

Hello miguel,

Thank you very much for your effort, we are gradually growing as a Spanish-speaking power bi community.

Best regards
Petazo
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Miguel:

I've already managed to get in, now to start this new stage.

Best wishes

Best regards.

cchavez
Frequent Visitor

Excellent @miguel

You know I'm always on order...

Congratulations on this super important step...

Carlos...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Miguel; I've really learned a lot from your forums and with this great scope I'm sure many more will get it too.

che0912crw

Congratulations Miguel, for reaching this goal!!!
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @miguel ,

Thank you for sharing and hope you can do better in the future.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Congratulations Miguen for such a great achievement God Bless you

First of all thank you GOD for such an excellent opportunity and thank you to Miguel for his contributions to this Hispanic community and that God continues to bless him very much so that he can continue to share his knowledge and now we will learn more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.