Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Braunnz
Frequent Visitor

Weird matrix behaviour when average time measure is added.

I have a matrix to show the average time of when a bus arrives at a stop. I've used this measure before and had no issue:

AvgTime = FORMAT(AVERAGE('Table'[Act. time]), "hh:mm")

For this particular matrix though, adding the measure gives blanks for not just the time measure, but another measure that behaved normally before. It also breaks other fields, which I'll explain below.

If I adjust the AvgTime measure to not have the format, the decimal values appear just fine.

Before adding the measure:
Braunnz_0-1656614090968.png

After adding the measure:
Braunnz_1-1656614132089.png

Note that the fields following route are not correct for #6, so I'm extremely confused as to why adding this measure breaks everything, especially since the unformatted variant works just fine. 

Everyone one of those fields comes from the same source table.

Any idea what my issue might be?

EDIT: 
Digging deeper I realized that the correct values are deep within the matrix when the fields are actually valid for the route in question... so fundamentally the question is how to I prevent this invalid rows from appearing.

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Braunnz ,

What's the data type of [Act. time] ? Number type ——Seconds or Time type——Time?

Eyelyn9_0-1656908062110.png

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem to clarify your scenario. Or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Power BI Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.