Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weighted Average DAX code for calculating Performance OEE

Hello all forum gurus!

Very new to Power BI and I need your help!   I have a formula in Excel that calculates the Overall Performance OEE for a machine using the weighted average of the column Standard Rate.   I need to have the DAX code to be able to do the same thing for a report I am writing for supervisors.   The excel formula is as follows:  =((SUM(D:D)/(SUM(G:G))/(SUMPRODUCT(D:D,F:F)/SUM(D:D))))  The spreadsheet is below (hopefully) for reference.  Thanks in advance for the help!!!

OEE1OEE1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

I think it its looking for * sign try if doesn't work check the link out:

WA OEEPerf = ((SUM('BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[Quantity_Actual])/(SUM('BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[RunTime])))
/(SUMX('BusinessView Ignition_RunData','BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[Quality_Actua]*'BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[StandardRate])/(SUM(UrTableName[Quality_Actual])))

Regards

Abduvali

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Anonymous,

It's almost the same but instead of the actual range you have to provide the Table and the Column names there is a similar post with a solution provided check it out:

Hope this helps if not let me know.

Regards

Abduvali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Abduvali - First, Thanks so much for your quick reply!!!

Trying your formula and I am getting the squiggly red lines under the second portion after the / symbol Highlighted in red.  

WA OEEPerf = ((SUM('BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[Quantity_Actual])/(SUM('BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[RunTime])))
/(SUMX('BusinessView Ignition_RunData','BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[Quality_Actua]),'BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[StandardRate])/(SUM(UrTableName[Quality_Actual])))

Any wisdom to share there?

@Anonymous,

I think it its looking for * sign try if doesn't work check the link out:

/(SUMX('BusinessView Ignition_RunData','BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[Quality_Actua]*'BusinessView Ignition_RunData'[StandardRate])/(SUM(UrTableName[Quality_Actual])))

Regards

Abduvali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Abduvali - Thanks so much for the answer!   Got what I needed off the link and your answer combined!  Or at least that is what I got to work.   See below!

/(SUMX('BusinessView Ignition_RunData',[Quantity_Actual]*[StandardRate]/(SUM([Quantity_Actual])))))

Thanks again!  

@Anonymous

You are welcome =D

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed the last Urtablename as well - still have squiggly lines....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.