Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekly graph based on two different columns

Dear community,

I just started working in Power BI a couple of weeks ago and it's been quite the learning curve so far, but I seem to have got a bit stuck and I apologize if this question came up before in another thread.

Basically, I am working with Incident Reports (from HPSM), and I have distinct fields of Opening Date, Resolving Date & Closing Date.

Out of these three fields I am trying to put together a weekly monitoring graph, so I added in my Excel source a weeknum column based on open date and another one for Resolved or Closing Date (whichever is older).

Now that I have two different columns containing the week number, is there a possibility to display the number of open / resolved / closed tickets on a column chart with the week number as axis values?

I tried linking both columns to that axis value field, but nothing seems to happen.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak @v-jayw-msft 

Thank you both for your suggestions, I tried to set up a calendar and make use of the USERELATIONSHIP functionality.

For some reason, though, I'm not getting the month as the axis value in the chart.

Is it maybe because my columns contain both date & time values?

From what I could see in your examples, the columns contained only the date value and not the time.

I can't seem to find a button to attach a file to my post, but I have added part of my csv data here .

Thank you once again for your support, even though I barely scratched the surface, this is turning out to be quite the learning experience. 😄

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If i understand you correctly, you will need to inactive one of the relationships and use USERELATIONSHIP() function.

Check the topic and see if it helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Working-with-2-Dates/m-p/841997

If not, Please share some sample data and expected out put to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.