Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akshay1

Weekly Hours Allocation by Employee Name

I have a dataset with following details:

1. Employee Name

2. Project Name

3. Week #

4. Hours Allocated

The dataset has data for a full year, with multiple employees and multiple projects. One employee could be allocated to multiple projects at the same time (meaning they could have two rows for a week showing their allocation on project 1 and project 2)

I am looking to create a visualization which shows hours by week by project for each / all employees. Is there a standard visualization I could utilize.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @akshay1,

For your requirement, you may could use ALLEXCEPT function to calculate the hours.

If you still need help, please share some data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
akshay1

I have a dataset with following fields:

1. Employee Name

2. Project Name

3. Week

4. Hours Allocated 

I need a visualization showing hours allocated by week and by project for each Employee. Is there a ready visualization I can use.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors