Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekly Alert Notification

Hello All, 

Is there a way using Power BI alerts and Power Automate to push an email notification to coworkers once a week if the action has been triggered at any point throughout that week?

Perhaps a way to create an action that looks at the run history?

7 REPLIES 7
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you checked setting up alerts in Power BI?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-Alert-Notifications/m-p/682603

Thanks,

Pragtai

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Pragati11  that was a super-fast response, thank you!

Currently in the BI alerts there is only the option to notify once an hour or once every 24 hours, whereas I only need to push the email notification out to others once a week. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are email subscriptions available in Power BI based on the frequency you want like daily, weekly, etc.

Check this link if it helps:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/e-mail-subscription-time-based-scheduling-now-available/

https://thinkaboutit.be/2019/01/power-bi-e-mail-subscription-time-based-scheduling-now-available/

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pragati11 

This is very close as a solution but there is still one problem. Can I turn off the subscription for data refreshes and only keep the notification for changes in data?

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may select a Frequency for your subscription: Daily, Hourly, Weekly, Monthly, or After Data Refresh (Daily). To receive the subscription email only on certain days, select Hourly or Weekly and select the days you'd like to receive it. For example, if you'd like to receive the subscription email only on weekdays, select Weekly and clear the boxes for Sat and Sun. 

Subscription to email.png

In addition, you may use the yellow slider to turn the subscription on and off. Setting the slider to Off doesn't delete the subscription. To delete the subscription, select the trashcan icon.

For reference:

Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards in the Power BI service

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-xicai 

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, a subscription wouldn't be appropriate in this situation. I only require the notification to run if an alert has been triggered. I have been through the alerts function within BI but the frequency option offers only hourly or daily, I'm looking for a way to only run this alert weekly.

@s-anonymous  @v-xicai  : Did you got any solution on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.