Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phil1
Regular Visitor

Weekdays between dynamic range

Hello everyone,

I have a rather specifc problem I've not been able to solve.

I would like to calculate the number of weekdays that sit between a date range, but the date range is dynamic. 

I have the following code as a starting point:

Days Lost = 
VAR EndOfPeriod =
	MAX ('Date Table'[Date])
VAR StartOfPeriod = 
	MIN ('Date Table'[Date])
RETURN
	SUMX(Absence,
		IFERROR(
			DATEDIFF(
				MAX(Absence[Begin Date],StartOfPeriod),
				MIN(Absence[Calculated End Date],EndOfPeriod)
			,DAY),0)
		)

However, this is limited as it also includes weekends. As an added complication I would also like my final measure to treat the dates as inclusive, so if the begin date is equal to the end date then that should be counted as 1 rather than 0.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Phil1
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately this isn't quite what I'm looking for. Let me try and clarify a little,

I have a data set including the following columns : Begin Date & Calculated End Date during which a specific event was active.

I would like to produce a graph that has Quarters on the axis, for example Q1 2017, Q2 2017 and so on. For each of these quarters I would like the total number of days spent active, summed over every row of my table.

Say for example my data had two rows:

Start Date        Calculated End Date

01/01/2018     01/09/2018

01/02/2018     01/09/2018

My graph with quarters on the axis would show the following total Q1: 107 This would be made up of the 65 weekdays within Q1 from row 1 and the 42 weekdays in Q1 from row 2. For Q2 the graph would show 130, made up of the 65 weekdays in Q2 from row 1, and the 65 weekdays in Q2 from row 2.

I hope this is a little clearer, thanks for your help.

BalaVenuGopal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Phil1,

Just use calendar table(DimDate) join your table with Dim_Date and drag weekdays columns hope this will resove you issue.ion 

Please accept this solution if this works for you

DimDate.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.