Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Week-to-Date And SPLY Calendar Table Filter

Hello 

I am just trying to create the above Date Calendar filter so I can just graphically show as below Week on Week Year to Date compared to Same Period as Last Year without having to manually filter the weeks inbetween last year and this year and also without having to create seprate measurements. Any ideas?

WeekGraph.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I can't see your Calendar Slicer. Do you want to dynamically get two years in your chart if you only select one year in slicer?

When you select one year in slicer, the table context is limited to that year only, it's not possible to directly select two years into your chart. And you can't create a dynamic calcualted table either.

In this scenario, you need to add a column into your table for tagging if it's within last year. Then you can select this tag in slicer to get correspond dates. Please also refer to a similar thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Last-12-months/m-p/85704#M35944

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I can't see your Calendar Slicer. Do you want to dynamically get two years in your chart if you only select one year in slicer?

When you select one year in slicer, the table context is limited to that year only, it's not possible to directly select two years into your chart. And you can't create a dynamic calcualted table either.

In this scenario, you need to add a column into your table for tagging if it's within last year. Then you can select this tag in slicer to get correspond dates. Please also refer to a similar thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Last-12-months/m-p/85704#M35944

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.