Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IGOTPOWER
Frequent Visitor

Week range column not in order on Matrix Visual

Good day

I currently have a Matrix visual with the flowing drill down Rows

Campaign

Date

Month

WeekRange

Status

The drill down feature works however when I get to the week range the order of the week range is distorted.The formulae I use for the weekrange is a follows

WeekRange = FORMAT(LOOKUPVALUE(Calander[Date],Calander[Day],1,Calander[WeekNumber],Calander[WeekNumber]),"DD MMM") & "-"& FORMAT(LOOKUPVALUE(Calander[Date],Calander[Day],7,Calander[WeekNumber],Calander[WeekNumber]),"DD MMM")

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

I create a calculated column using your formula, and add it in Matrix visual, it shows correctly as follows.

1.PNG

So I can't reproduce your scenario(the week range is distorted), could you please share a screenshot for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Capture.PNG

Thank you for trying to assist.Screen shot above.Highlite in red show the order of weekrange gets distorted when I drill down to week range level.I have even tried adding a weeknumber column WeekNumber = WEEKNUM('Calander'[Date]) but that does not work either.

Kind regards

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

The order of week range in the visual according to the first number by default, like 05->12->19->26->29. You don'e need to change your date format. Please click your [week range] field, plase sort by Date column as follows, and check if it works fine.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

After check and test, the Jan 29 - Feb 04 is the same weeknumber, and it shows correctly. What's your problem? Why the order of weekrange gets distorted?

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi I think that I am having an issues were the order of the weekrange is followjng the order of the day that the week range starts with.Ex 29 Jan-04 Feb comes through at the end of the drilldown.Do you think I should perhaps change the format of my dates ?

Thanks again for the help

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.