Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IGOTPOWER
Frequent Visitor

Week range column not in order on Matrix Visual

Good day

I currently have a Matrix visual with the flowing drill down Rows

Campaign

Date

Month

WeekRange

Status

The drill down feature works however when I get to the week range the order of the week range is distorted.The formulae I use for the weekrange is a follows

WeekRange = FORMAT(LOOKUPVALUE(Calander[Date],Calander[Day],1,Calander[WeekNumber],Calander[WeekNumber]),"DD MMM") & "-"& FORMAT(LOOKUPVALUE(Calander[Date],Calander[Day],7,Calander[WeekNumber],Calander[WeekNumber]),"DD MMM")

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

I create a calculated column using your formula, and add it in Matrix visual, it shows correctly as follows.

1.PNG

So I can't reproduce your scenario(the week range is distorted), could you please share a screenshot for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Capture.PNG

Thank you for trying to assist.Screen shot above.Highlite in red show the order of weekrange gets distorted when I drill down to week range level.I have even tried adding a weeknumber column WeekNumber = WEEKNUM('Calander'[Date]) but that does not work either.

Kind regards

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

The order of week range in the visual according to the first number by default, like 05->12->19->26->29. You don'e need to change your date format. Please click your [week range] field, plase sort by Date column as follows, and check if it works fine.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @IGOTPOWER,

After check and test, the Jan 29 - Feb 04 is the same weeknumber, and it shows correctly. What's your problem? Why the order of weekrange gets distorted?

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi I think that I am having an issues were the order of the weekrange is followjng the order of the day that the week range starts with.Ex 29 Jan-04 Feb comes through at the end of the drilldown.Do you think I should perhaps change the format of my dates ?

Thanks again for the help

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.