Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vtomsons
Helper I
Helper I

Week of year returns a 5-8 digit number

Hi, I have linked email data to a calendar so I can see how many messages were sent in an given week. My calendar was built using the ultimate calendar and then I linked the sent date with the calendar and tried to count how many email addresses were sent in a given week. Its returning a 5-8 digit number.

My email data was originally in DD/MM/YYY and I changed it to MM/DD/YY using Local English-United kingdom. I'm not sure why this is happening as other times I have linked ot this data from other sources it has returned the proper week #.

Any suggestions?

Val

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Make sure the Date columns on both side of the relationship are Date type (not DateTime).  If DateTime, you'll need to make it Date type in the query (not just in Data View).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Make sure the Date columns on both side of the relationship are Date type (not DateTime).  If DateTime, you'll need to make it Date type in the query (not just in Data View).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Vtomsons 

When you say email data.. do you mean you use a connector which connects to an email database.

What is the source of your email data and what is the format of the date in the email dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.