Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Week in date hierarchy

Hi there.

I have data points each containing date of occurrence. I display it on line chart mostly. I want enable user to drilldown by week aggregation. Just like they can do Year/Quater/Month/Day with automatically created date hierarchy from date field. I tried adding week column with WEEKNUM, then delete day from the hierarchy and add WEEKNUM column, but then when drilling down the line chart is being largely widened.

My question is how to add week aggregation to date hierarchy?

Edit:

To be more specific:

With automatically created date hierarchy from date field [Date] 'mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS AM/PM' I can drill down from Year > Quarter > Month > Day and the axis is continous and nicely narrowed together (not having to scroll):

Wolski_1-1606985644551.png

But when I created calendar table with DAX, deleted Day from hierarchy, put Fiscal Week and added beneath Day of Month down in hierarchy I CAN drilldown Year > Quarter > Month > Fiscal Week > Day of month but when getting to week and month x axis starts to be categorical and user has to scroll to see the whole spectrum:

Wolski_2-1606985838472.png

I want to avoid changing x axis to categorical and make user to scroll the chart to see whole spectrum

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

@AnonymousDo you mean you want to add Week to hierarchy and then let users use Drill Down function in the visual to drill to Year/Quarter/Month/Week/Day levels to see data in different granularity? It sounds an interesting challenge and need some time to investigate.

120401.jpg

I'm curious too... has anyone found a way to solve this?

Sorry, I haven't found a solution to this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, thats my goal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.