Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Max_Z
Employee
Employee

Week data graph for several values

Hello Gurus, 

Didnt managed to find a solution for the following:

I am working with PBI and need to display weekly data on the line chart -> currently data is being displayed by day.

Using weeknum function is not really helpfull as when I look on the month overview it shows weekly data agregated by whole month.

I need to see data by week (on month graph) - where data for each week in independent from previous week...

Currently I am using Excel table by a side, entring weekly data 

Is there any way to achieve the same result in the PowerBI ?

Attaching screenshot for better understanding,

PowerBI:

PBI.jpg

Excel table:

Excel.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
ml_andrew
Regular Visitor

Hi, @Max_Z the default PBI date hierarchy doesn't support week drill down, you can however create a customized date hierachy one as year->month->week and then use this new field to create your visuals. Thanks Andrew

@ml_andrew  Ho do I do that ? 

create a new column in your date table called week,, like week=weeknum(datetable[date],2) create two other columns call year=year(dateable[date]) and month=month(datetable[date]) then in the report builder, drag this week field onto year field, then do the same to the month.

@ml_andrew  thanks, tried that but it is not really helps to the need.... 

Still need to use Excel charts... 

I need ability to have an option to display data in graph per specific weeks as it shown in the Excel graph in hte beginning of the post...

Currently PowerBI agreggrades the data and shown data for whole chosen period... and not the data by the week chunks...

ScreenClip.png

got confused, isn't this what you are looking for?

@ml_andrew not really... as mentioned in the beginning...

Currently I have to work with Excel table and PBI (that collects data from Kusto).
For my needs I collect results in PBI on weekly basis and manually put them to Excel and table looks like:

17-23/11/1938.8%37.5%21.5%2.2%
24-30/11/1946.1%29.2%22.4%2.3%
1-7/12/1945.2%28.7%24.3%1.7%

To get that data I set in PBI time slidet for these days (entire week) like that :

pbi_2.jpg

Hope it is bit clearer now...

Visual that I need to display is weekly results and not agregated data.

Any suggestion ?

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Max_Z 

It seems that you may take advantage of Drill down in a visualization in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft  Hi, any other suggestions ?

Hi,

It doesnt work.. in a dril down there is no option to have weekly points

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.