Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webview2 Process Failed. Out of Memory?

Hi team!

I am getting this error "Webview2 Process Failed" randomly during development of a report.

Error.JPG

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

Release:
       December 2021

Product Version:
       2.100.785.0 (21.12) (x64)

Current setup running PowerBi Desktop has 16gb of ram.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

A similar issue has been reported internally. ICM: 279388210

the engineers have found the issue is related to the WebView2 browser crashing and are working to find the root cause of this issue.

Workarounds that might work for you: 

1. Uninstalled the program then downloaded the November version which seems to be working.

Link to previous versions <- Previous version can be downloaded here.

2. Go to File->Options and Settings -> Options -> Preview Features and disable the "Power BI Desktop Infrastructure Update" feature switch. That should stop using WebView2. 
Or if you cannot start the desktop to get to the Preview feature switches, you can set the following Environment variable to disable WebView2
Environment Variable : "PBI_enableWebView2Preview"
Value: "0"

refer:

POWER BI Desktop doesn't start after upgarde latest version

Problem to launch Power BI

Cannot invoke on WebView2 Web Browser in its current state

If the workaround above doesn't cover your case, since the error code is different from the error code of the reported issue, this may be a new issue.

In these types of errors our suggestion would be to raise a Support Request with Microsoft, so we can perform a more in depth Troubleshooting to understand exactly what is going on with the issue you are currently facing.

If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com

Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I'm literally still giving birth to the same problem. And I can't find how to disable the POWER BI INFRASTRUCTURE UPDATE checkbox.

Did you manage to solve the problem?

The program is still crashing on my computer, and it is because of that famous WEBVIEW2, which has me already tired.

rahulshevde
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Using Environment variable to disable WebView2 is only a temporary workaround. We plan on removing the support for it soon. If you are running into this issue where WebView2 is running out of memory, can you please share the pbix file where you are running into this issue? it will help us to understand what is causing the problem. 

Please reach out to me at rahulsh@microsoft.com
Thanks

Rahul 

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

A similar issue has been reported internally. ICM: 279388210

the engineers have found the issue is related to the WebView2 browser crashing and are working to find the root cause of this issue.

Workarounds that might work for you: 

1. Uninstalled the program then downloaded the November version which seems to be working.

Link to previous versions <- Previous version can be downloaded here.

2. Go to File->Options and Settings -> Options -> Preview Features and disable the "Power BI Desktop Infrastructure Update" feature switch. That should stop using WebView2. 
Or if you cannot start the desktop to get to the Preview feature switches, you can set the following Environment variable to disable WebView2
Environment Variable : "PBI_enableWebView2Preview"
Value: "0"

refer:

POWER BI Desktop doesn't start after upgarde latest version

Problem to launch Power BI

Cannot invoke on WebView2 Web Browser in its current state

If the workaround above doesn't cover your case, since the error code is different from the error code of the reported issue, this may be a new issue.

In these types of errors our suggestion would be to raise a Support Request with Microsoft, so we can perform a more in depth Troubleshooting to understand exactly what is going on with the issue you are currently facing.

If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com

Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

One of my teammate was facing similar kind of issue and below thread helped him, hope it will help you too.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Cannot-invoke-on-WebView2-Web-Browser-in-its-current-state/m-p/2253475

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Samarth_18 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Unfortunately after trying the suggested workaround, I still encounter the error.

I am also encountering a white screen when saving the file or simply during development. Ending it on the task manager is the only solution to terminate the application.

Would you happen to know a solution for this? 

Thank you so much for the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.