Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

WebURL does not work if cell is blank

I have a key column and associated keyURL column in the table. I have configured the table with conditional formatting for key column such that the keyURL link is used as a hyperlink. I have also set Totals=On and summarized the Time Spent column. 

As you can see in the table visual, when time spent is null I no longer have URL visible for the key, Looks like a bug in Power BI.

WebURLMissing.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In your time spend formula add +0 and try

time spend = <Current calculation> + 0

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tahaumevi
Regular Visitor

Still getting this bug

Anonymous
Not applicable

This bug is still around as of the October 2021 release.

As long as the row has at least one measure that returns a result the link will work. If none of the measures in the row return a result then the link does not appear. Since sometimes adding a zero to a measure brings back data you don't want, an alternative is to use a measure to generate what what would normally only be in a column. For example if you had a "type" for each of the "keys" you could created a measure:

mType = FIRSTNONBLANK(keys[type],TRUE())

Using the "mType" measure in a table would show the same text as putting "type" in as a column, but it would allow the row to have at least one measure with a result without having to add zeros to a numeric measure.

Thank you! Didn't know this bug disappears if at least one measure brings a result. This was a lifesaver for me, thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In your time spend formula add +0 and try

time spend = <Current calculation> + 0

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.