Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pandadev
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Web Url's in table , can they be opened in a new window

Hi , I successfully worked out how to add web urls to a table , so when published the end user can click on the web url and it opens up the webpage , but I have been asked if it was possible to have the webpages open up in a new window. is this possible in PowerBI

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pandadev ,

Based on my test , It opens url in a new tab by default in power bi. Would you please refer to  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/launch-url

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks , where and how do I add this code please , still only into my 3rd month of learning powerBI , so still very much a novice

import powerbi from "powerbi-visuals-api"; import IVisualHost = powerbi.extensibility.visual.IVisualHost; export class Visual implements IVisual { private host: IVisualHost; // ... constructor(options: VisualConstructorOptions) { // ... this.host = options.host; // ... } // ... }

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, back in the day we structured web url's like:

<a href="https://www.domain.com/" target="_blank">Link Text</a>

But I don't think that will work as a Web URL in Power BI

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.