Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web JSON Api returns only first 4000 records

Hi, 
I have an issue. I have the below api which I run in Power Query and it passes parameters for Start Date and End Date. But whatever Start and End Date I provide, Only the first 4000 records is fetched, What should I do to get all the records for a specific start and end date in Power Bi?

Api which I run in Power BI

= Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://www.xyz.com/api/rest/v1/entries?startdate="&Date.ToText(StartDate, "yyyy-MM-dd")&"&enddate="&Date.ToText(StartDate, "yyyy-MM-dd")&"", [Headers=[Accept="application/json", Authorization="Bearer eyJraWQixyz"]]))

thanks, Ankku

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ankku, 

As  I know, the limit of rows show be 10000, you could try &max-results=10000 in API to see whether it work or not. You could refer to “max-results” parameter for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dax So even that will not solve the problem, the article says we have to use the pagination feature to get more records, Have anyone in the community done that and have been able to get all records? Sure Microsoft would have given a thought and have some ways to do it in Power Bi.

thanks,
Ankku

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.