Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

Web.Contents - we couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided (using anonymous credentials)

Hi guys, I need help with the following issue, I am trying to connect with an API with a "next" on the end of the page, this next contains a new URL that gives us the next page, I need to loop this in Power BI until I have all the data. The point is, I get the following error while I am using the right credentials: 

Web.Contents - we couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided (using anonymous credentials)

I am trying the following:

(baseuri as text) =>

let

headers = [Headers=[Accept="application/json", Authorization="Basic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]],

initReq = Json.Document(Web.Contents(baseuri, headers)),

initData = initReq[data],

//We want to get data = {lastNPagesData, thisPageData}, where each list has the limit # of Records,

//then we can List.Combine() the two lists on each iteration to aggregate all the records. We can then

//create a table from those records

gather = (data as list, uri) =>

let

//get new offset from active uri

newOffset = Json.Document(Web.Contents(uri, headers))[next],

//build new uri using the original uri so we dont append offsests

newUri = newOffset,

//get new req & data

newReq = Json.Document(Web.Contents(newUri, headers)),

newdata = newReq[data],

//add that data to rolling aggregate

data = List.Combine({data, newdata}),

//if theres no next page of data, return. if there is, call @gather again to get more data

check = if newReq[next_page] = null then data else @gather(data, newUri)

in check,

//before we call gather(), we want see if its even necesarry. First request returns only one page? Return.

outputList = if initReq[next_page] = null then initData else gather(initData, baseuri),

//then place records into a table. This will expand all columns available in the record.

expand = Table.FromRecords(outputList)

in

expand

I first received the error that the datasource needs to be anonymously, changing that brings me this error. How do I need to solve this? 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you maybe supposed to provide a session id for subsequent calls?  Check the documentation of the API you are accessing.

Hi @lbendlin,

Thanks for your reply, 
Unfortunately that is not the case. It is all based on the url at the end of the page and the authorization. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.