Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tallyski
Frequent Visitor

We're unable to connect. please delete your credentials and try again later

I did look at the suggested forums, but nothing helps solve my issue.

I am working on a report that I update daily, but yesterday it sprung a surprise. I refresh it manually, but yesterday it did this:

Tallyski_1-1654181003114.png

I am logged in to Power Bi with my company Pro account. I have been searching for an answer, but in everything I try, I have had no joy. Further information:

Tallyski_2-1654181057651.png

This isn't the only file having the program. If the report retrieves data from a file on the web it does this. I have files that retrieve data from my computer, and they refresh no problem.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John, thank you. I had our IT look at it, and they said it was something to do with credentials. They were able to fix it by clearing caching and changing my password. I have had a new issue pop up after being able to refresh. Should I share that here or start a new thread?

I'll share your comments with our IT team.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

John, thank you. I had our IT look at it, and they said it was something to do with credentials. They were able to fix it by clearing caching and changing my password. I have had a new issue pop up after being able to refresh. Should I share that here or start a new thread?

I'll share your comments with our IT team.

I was facing a similar issue. After following the below steps, I could connect to the SharePoint file successfully.

1. Go to File -> Options and Settings

2. Within Global -> Security

3. Scroll down -> check the "Use my default browser" option within Authentication Browser.

Shruti_Sangam_0-1677594599957.png

4. Click Ok

When you try to sign in, it will redirect you to the default browser to sign in to the account you prefer.

Hope this helps.

This is a life saver, thank you so much!

hi, 

I went through the Steps below to free up my account after changing AD Password.  issues were mostly with PowerBi connecting to Microsoft O365 SharePoint Shared Documents folder. 

Not sure which one really worked, with Microsoft it could have taken time to update, but my access to my data files was down for 2 days trying to reconnect. 

Background, using powerbi with our internal security there are only a few places we can save our data files, one is o365 SharePoint. 

AD required password change: 

Permissions deined trying to connect to \\business.o365.sharepoint.com@SSL\Sites\yoursite  

1. rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr   - Clear user/passwords

Still not able to connect, same error

2. In powerbi, Settings, Data source Credentials

still not authorized to connect to sharepoint files. 

3. onnect-pnponline -url https://Businesso365.sharepoint.com/sites/yoursite -UseWeblogin

After which i was able to reconnect

hope this helps....

William

Hi, @Tallyski 

Glad to hear your original question was resolved.

If you have a new issue, it is recommended to open a new thread for a detailed explanation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

JohnSchown
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am seeing the same problem with Microsoft account authentication for any connector(including sharepoint and Snowflake).  Windows authentication works fine for a couple of datasources that are in a on-premise sql server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.