Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAAbdullah_47
Helper V
Helper V

We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value.

Hi , Please check the below screen-shot:

MAAbdullah_47_0-1631970673497.png

I made a changes using Query editor , there was no errors on the columns of the Table , but when I try to apply the changes everytime I got this message :

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value.. An unexpected exception occurred.

Finally I changed all the dates fields into Text to avoid the error message , but unfortiently I got the same message , please I need your help.

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MAAbdullah_47 

Is your problem solved?

I don’t know what changes you made, it may have caused an irreversible error, causing the loading to fail.

You can click on the steps step by step to see if the problem starts to occur in a certain step.

You can also try to re-import the data source. If you still can’t solve the problem, please share the query code in PQ.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

This is a type conversion error but without looking at the power query steps it is difficult to tell you exactly what the solution will be. You could try to add a "Remove errors" at the end which will remove the erroneous rows but of course this won't be the ideal method since I am assuming you don't want to lose data. Also in my experience the data being displayed are only the first 1000 rows whereas the error might be in a row below so if you select "Column profiling based on the entire dataset" and use the drop down to try to scroll and see if you can identify something which doesn't look like a date. If none of these help then having a look at the problem via screenshot is probably the way to go.

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.

Hi @moizsherwani  thank you for your response , I changed all the dates into text , and still the message displayed ??! If there is a problem in the date but on the current stage I changed it back to (Text) not date , Why it still continue display the error although I change it from Date to text? 

You have done the right thing but unforutnately I can't help further without actually looking at the query.

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.