Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shinebayar

We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided

Hello guys i have a problem with changing web source data. My data & pbix file on other guy's one drive account and i take it from the guy by excel file. And i upload my files to my one drive. Then i changing source, but the source could not changed. The reason is "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided". How can i change the source? please help!Screenshot 2021-08-05 153540.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Shinebayar 

If you can access the M code in Advanced Editor, you can try follow steps:

1. Create a new query that points to your current SharePoint excel file (web connector) in Power BI Desktop.If you still couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided", please recheck  your credentials and Authentication method 
    Related Tutorials 
  2. Copy the source code(Source line ,Table line ,Change type ) of the new query in Advanced Editor.
  3. Go to your existing query of Excel and replace the part of source code in the Advanced Editor with copied code in Step 2.

Related threads:
how-to-change-my-data-source-to-a-sharepoint-data-source-on-power-bi 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Shinebayar 

If you can access the M code in Advanced Editor, you can try follow steps:

1. Create a new query that points to your current SharePoint excel file (web connector) in Power BI Desktop.If you still couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided", please recheck  your credentials and Authentication method 
    Related Tutorials 
  2. Copy the source code(Source line ,Table line ,Change type ) of the new query in Advanced Editor.
  3. Go to your existing query of Excel and replace the part of source code in the Advanced Editor with copied code in Step 2.