Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramees

We cannot convert the value null to type Table.

Hi,

I am using Hive Insteractive query as my backend to connect to Powerbi . I am using Interactive Query beta connector to connect to Hive from PowerBi in Direct Query mode. But I am always getting this error "We cannot convert the value null to type Table" .

The data that I am trying is quite simple with just 2 columns with 4 rows. 

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Ramees,

According to the error message, it means that Power BI cannot convert null value to type.

Generally if your source data is complete with just 2 columns and 4 rows. It will not generate an error. So my assumption is that maybe your source data is not complete, so the connector gets an error when connecting to your data source. Please make a verification about your source data.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi ,

Apparently all I had to do was to update my version of Powerbi. I guess there was some issue with version of Beta driver I was using.

Hi,

May I please know the version you had and updgraded to?

Thanks and regards

Hi, 

What version did you have? What version did you upgrade to? Are you referring to the Desktop or Report Server?

We have this same issue however the data refreshes manually on our report server (August 2018). It regularly fails to refresh on schedule but the manual (web based) refresh works fine (every time). We have tested this on RS Aug 2018 and Jan 2019.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.