Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

plaplant
Helper I
Helper I

Waterfall using data from multiple tables with slicer ability

Hello, I'm a brand new user to Power BI and just starting to play around with what is possible.  I'm building out a dashboard and have identified the waterfall chart as being the ideal chart to show a change in headcount from the beginning of a month to the end of the month.   I have a report that has 'Overall' headcount broken out into different statuses including open positions.  I would want to subract Open positions from the overall headcount to get my Starting headcount.   I would then get my 'Separations' from a separate table and my 'New Headcount' from a third table.   The delta between all of those would give me my ending headcount.  How can I use these 3 tables to set up a waterfall?   Additionally, I'd want to be able to filter my entire page by 2 slicers so the waterfall would need to be affected by those slicers as well.   Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Yuna, I was able to create something yesterday that worked for me by watching a few different YouTube videos and creating measures to give me a starting point and ending point as well as the 2 middle metrics I needed for my 'gain' and 'loss'.   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @plaplant ,

Could you please share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question? I can do some tests for you.

You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here. 

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hello Yuna, I was able to create something yesterday that worked for me by watching a few different YouTube videos and creating measures to give me a starting point and ending point as well as the 2 middle metrics I needed for my 'gain' and 'loss'.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.