cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterfall report starting value

I am looking for a waterfall report to look exactly like this Office 365 page. http://bit.ly/1MQVmJb  I want to have a starting value of budgeted value, chart the variances and end up with the actual value. I don't see how to do the same thing in Power BI as I can't figure out how to start say with Budget and get the variances displayed to end with Actuals.  Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Ginger

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Waterfall report starting value

Yeah, the issue that I see is that there is no way to set individual data values as "totals", which baseline to 0 instead of "floating". I can't see a way around that at present.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

That's bad news.  I was hoping that I was just missing something.  It strikes me as odd that I could do what I want in Excel 2016 and not Power BI.

Super User
Super User

You can achieve it by data modelling (see this file).

Only thing I couldn't figure out is how to give the first column a different colour. Watch out for the sort-by-index column!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

klabir
Advisor

Hello @desertislesql

have a look and download our PowerBI Ultimate Waterfall Chart which follows somehow IBCS

http://dataviz.boutique/2017/03/22/powerbi-ultimate-waterfall-custom-visual/

BR

Klaus

M8.PNG

Highlighted
denpries Member

Yeah @klabir, thats great and all, but with 500+ users i end up paying tweny kazillion euros.

Not an option.

klabir
Advisor

no, contact me for unlimted use in your enterprise, its cheap, i promise. leave your email in one of our contact form on our website to getin touch.

THX

Klaus

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 2,585 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: