Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIMike
Helper III
Helper III

Waterfall for 3 Years

Hello,

I have a waterfall that shows revenue growth between 01/01/2019 and 31/12/2020, split between categories such as new customers, lost customers, etc. (so 01/01/2019 opening value --> +/- 2019 waterfall --> final 31/12/2019 position --> +/- 2020 waterfall --> final 31/12/2020 position )

The underlying data now includes 2021, and I expected that when I add 2021 as a year to my waterfall it would give me a new series of +/- waterfall movements for 2021. However, the 2021 values seem to be included in the values for my 2020 categories. This visual is a single waterfall, and I never had to make any setup/metric changes to data to distinguish between 2019 & 2020 data. Any thoughts on why a waterfall would default to this?

Does anyone having a working example of similar data I could look at to figure out what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIMike ,

Sorry for that it's not clear. Can you kindly share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question?

You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Yuna

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you updated the required tables like the main date table with 2021 data? Would you be able to provide your pbix file removing any sensitive data?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBIMike , What is expected output is not very clear, Can you give example.

For new , reatined and lost you can refer

Customer Retention Part 1:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-1-Month-on-Month-Retention/b...
Customer Retention Part 2: Period over Period Retention :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-2-Period-over-Period-Retenti...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.