Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gjakova
Post Patron
Post Patron

Waterfall chart with multiple categories/totals...

Hi there, I have the following task which I cannot solve in Power BI. In Excel it is easy (for obvious reasons), but I want to visualise the following:

Gjakova_0-1617910870926.png

So basically this is the revenue for this week and the darker blue "Week-to-date" is the total.

I can visualise this in the exact way in Power BI, except... for the two columns on the right which I surrounded with a red color.

On the far right you can see the weekly budget and "To-go" is basically -> Budget minus (-) WeekToDate Total.

7.825 - 3.300 = 4.525

As far as I know this is not possible with the standard visual in Power BI, but if so... I would be happy to learn more. If not, is there another visual (perhaps custom visual (a waterfall chart is not necesarry, but would be nice)) which can visualise the above in a good way?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Gjakova ,

did you try the waterfall chart visual in Power BI?

I think this could solve your issues.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi @selimovd yes I tried that, but the question is not on how to visualise it, but mainly on how to add the two columns I surrounded with a red color in that visual since they are two other measures. Is that possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.